Wednesday 25 September 2013

In the Cupboard for Over 30 Years


This pretty floral print has been with me a long time.  I bought it in Liverpool in about 1980 and have only ever used it in backings on small items.  For some reason it has never gone well with other fabrics that I have used and has never made it onto a quilt top.  Yet again it is on the back of a quilt, which will soon be stuffed into an envelope to wing its way to Utah to Pattilou.  The front of the quilt is a secret until Pattilou receives it...

I am slightly at a loss as to why this print never quite goes with anything else.  I would understand if it were sludgy colours, or just plain ugly, but it is a really sweet design.  Just another of life's mysteries.

4 comments:

  1. I like it! It is a really nice choice for backing maybe that's why you use it that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny. :) It *is* a nice fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a perfect addition to the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt I am making!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...